How do I delete a workflow session in Informatica?
How do I delete a workflow session in Informatica?
To delete all workflow and session logs in a repository, do the following:
- In the Repository Manager, connect to the repository.
- Select the repository to delete all workflow and session logs in the entire repository.
- Go to Edit > Truncate Log.
- Select one of the following: Delete All to delete all logs.
- Click OK.
How do I delete a target in Informatica?
Just select that table and press Delete button from your keyboard. After deleting table, you have to checkin in version. Go to version check your table click on that and checkin. Then permanently deleted.
What are the session properties in Informatica?
Session property is a set of instructions that instructs Informatica how and when to move the data from source to targets. A session property is a task, just like other tasks that we create in workflow manager. Any session you create must have a mapping associated with it.
How do I delete a record from target table in Informatica?
Deleting Records on a Target Table
- On the target table, you must have defined a primary key. From Edit Tasks, select the Properties tab, and, under General Options, set Treat Source row as to Delete.
- Also on the target table, from the Edit Tasks dialog, choose the Mapping tab. Under Properties, check-off Delete.
How do I delete workflow?
To delete a workflow
- Choose the. icon, enter Workflows, and then choose the related link.
- Select the workflow that you want to delete.
- Choose the Delete action.
- Alternatively, open the workflow that you want to delete.
- On the Workflow page, choose the Delete action.
How do I delete multiple mappings in Informatica?
1. in Designer no Delete option so select mapping and press Delete key from your keyboard. 2. in Repository manager expand folder and delete the mapping.
How do I delete a mapping in Informatica?
To delete a mapping from the Navigator window, select the mapping and press the Delete key, or click Edit > Delete. To delete a mapping currently displayed in the Mapping Designer workspace, click Mappings > Delete.
How does Informatica improve session performance?
Partitioning: The session improves the session performance by creating multiple connections for sources/targets and loads data in parallel pipelines. Incremental Aggregation: If a session contains an aggregator transformation, then we use incremental aggregation to improve session performance.
How do you refresh a session in Informatica workflow?
You can fix this easily by right-clicking on the session and choosing ‘Refresh Mapping’, and then validating the session.
How do I delete records using update strategy transformation?
Use the DD_DELETE constant in the Update Strategy transformation only. Use DD_DELETE instead of the integer literal 2 to facilitate troubleshooting complex numeric expressions. When you run a workflow, select the data-driven update strategy to delete records from a target based on this flag.
How do I delete all workflow runs?
To do this, navigate to your workflow, find the workflow run that you want to delete, and select the “…” menu. In this menu, select “Delete workflow run”. The workflow run and its logs will be removed. Currently, you must do this for each workflow run individually.
How do I recover a deleted workflow?
Click the Recently deleted tab. Hover over the workflow that you want to restore, then click Restore. The restored workflow will be added to your dashboard. Restored workflows will maintain their original name along with an indicator that the workflow was restored, such as Workflow name (Restored 8/26/2019).
What is purge in Informatica?
You can purge versions at the repository, folder, or object level based on purge criteria. This type of purge is called an advanced purge. Use advanced purges to purge deleted or active objects. For deleted objects, you can specify the objects to purge based on the date of deletion.
What is $$ in Informatica?
$$$ refers System Parameters like $$$SessStartTime. Actually $ means internal Parameter/Variable (such as $DBConnection prefix or $PMSessionLogDir) whereas $$ are used for user-defined parameters or variables (which could be defined at mapping or workflow/worklet level).
How do you improve session performance?
To improve the session performance, drop constraints and indexes before running the session (while loading facts and dimensions) and rebuild them after completion of the session. Parallel sessions: Running parallel sessions by using concurrent batches will also reduce the time of loading the data.
How do you identify performance bottlenecks in Informatica?
Use the following methods to identify performance bottlenecks:
- Run test sessions. You can configure a test session to read from a flat file source or to write to a flat file target to identify source and target bottlenecks.
- Analyze performance details.
- Analyze thread statistics.
- Monitor system performance.
How do you handle multiple sessions in Informatica?
- Go to the session..right click –>start task.
- If you want to run all the 2 session at one time,enable concurrent workflow option and repeat step 1.
- To avoid manually running,create unix script which invoke all the 2 sessions using pmcmd.
How do I find previous session logs in Informatica?
To get the workflow log for the workflow, right-click on the workflow in the navigator and select Get Workflow Log. To get the session log for the workflow, right-click on the session task in the navigator and select Get Session Log. Get Learning Informatica PowerCenter 9.
What is difference between soft delete and hard delete?
Hard deletes are hard to recover from if something goes wrong (application bug, bad migration, manual query, etc.). This usually involves restoring from a backup and it is hard to target only the data affected by the bad delete. Soft deletes are easier to recover from once you determine what happened.