What are the duties of a school custodian?
What are the duties of a school custodian?
SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining, cleaning, and disinfecting all areas of a facility. Perform basic cleaning, sanitation, and minor maintenance of an assigned building and associated grounds including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, trash removal, etc.
What makes a great school custodian?
Custodians who possess hard skills like mechanical and repair skills and the skills necessary to interact, communicate and work with diverse employers and colleagues are more likely to perform effectively and achieve results on the job.
What are three of the best daily routines to follow to maintain a clean school site?
Check out these school cleanliness tips that’ll help you keep the entire building clean and safe for everyone.
- Start With The Basics.
- Section Off The School.
- Do Regular Disinfection.
- Put Recycle Bins All Around The School.
- Hire A Professional Cleaning Company.
- Create A Cleaning Schedule For The Staff.
Why is there a need to be familiarized with the school’s facilities?
The facilities of a school impact overall learning process as well as the mental and physical growth of the students. These also affect the academic performance of the student to some extent. So, parents must consider the school’s facilities.
What are three important qualities to have to be a janitor?
In this article, we will help and guide you in hiring a great quality of janitors to keep your place well-maintained and clean.
- Skilled and Experienced.
- Great in Customer Service.
- Professional and Quality in Work.
- Advanced Skills in Handling Any Cleaning Task.
What is the difference between a custodian and a janitor?
In general, a custodian is someone who takes care of or is in charge of the same building or property at any given time of the day. A janitor comes to a location specifically to clean at a set time, typically either morning or nighttime.
What are some custodial skills?
Work proficiencies include:
- Cleaning and maintaining floors (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, waxing, stripping, buffing and polishing)
- Scrubbing and sanitizing restroom facilities.
- Removing snow and ice from walkways and parking lots.
- Handling light facility repairs.
- Keeping janitor room and closets clean and organized.
How do I create a cleaning list?
How To Make A Daily Cleaning Schedule
- Monday: Clean the Bathrooms.
- Tuesday: Dust and Vacuum Common Areas.
- Wednesday: Scrub the Kitchen.
- Thursday: Tidy Your Entryway and Bedrooms.
- Friday: Clear the Clutter from Your Mind.
What four points should a cleaning schedule include?
A schedule must be drawn up and implemented which specifies the frequency of cleaning, the persons responsible, the method of cleaning, the amount and type of chemical to be used and precautions to be taken (i.e. protective clothing).
What are the five primary facets of school facilities?
There are five primary facets of school facilities: acoustics/noise, air quality, lighting, temperature, and space. These are addressed below. Noise levels greatly affect teacher and student performance.
What’s the difference between custodian and janitor?
What do you call a female custodian?
Definition of janitress : a female janitor : charwoman.
What should be on a custodian resume?
How to write a custodian resume
- Provide your name and contact information.
- Write a resume summary.
- Describe your education.
- List your work experience.
- State your relevant skills.
- Mention any certifications you have.
- Use a template.
- Write a custom resume.
What makes a good lead custodian?
Having physical strength and agility are must-haves for this role. The primary responsibilities of this role include cleaning, waxing, and constant transportation of furniture. They also monitor and maintain records of the quality of work performed by other custodial employees.
What is a good weekly cleaning schedule?
Our Sample Weekly Cleaning Schedule
- Monday. Focus on the dining room.
- Tuesday. Focus on shared living spaces.
- Wednesday. Focus on high-traffic areas.
- Thursday. Focus on high-traffic areas.
- Friday. Focus on home office.
- Saturday. Focus on deep cleaning the bathroom.
- Sunday. Focus on the kitchen.
What are the 3 main components of cleaning?
Cleaning is often achieved with detergent, water and agitation, with the visible dirt and detergent then rinsed and removed with clean water. Detergents are chemicals that remove dirt and grease, however detergents do not kill bacteria and other microorganisms.
What are the 6 stages of the cleaning procedure?
The six stages of cleaning are:
- Pre-Clean. The first stage of cleaning is to remove loose debris and substances from the contaminated surface you’re cleaning.
- Main Clean.
- Final Rinse.
What are the needs for facilities in school?
An effective school facility is responsive to the changing programs of educational delivery, and at a minimum should provide a physical environment that is comfortable, safe, secure, accessible, well illuminated, well ventilated, and aesthetically pleasing.
How can you improve school facilities?
10 Ways To… Improve Your School PE Facilities
- Let your kids be creative.
- Staff training is vital.
- You have ‘pe classrooms’
- Carry out safety checks.
- Try to include everyone.
- Exercise at break times.
- Apply a lick of paint.
- Secure your green spaces.